There are different formats of auditoriums that vary in their layout, capacity and style to accommodate different audiences. To choose one or the other, you have to take into account several practical aspects such as the space available in the room, the duration of the meeting, the need to be able to support writing, among others. As well as image aspects since in many cases, the format of the auditorium will reflect the style of the company, be it more modern, classic, intimate, formal, etc.
Next, we will mention some of the most common auditorium formats and their characteristics:
1. Theater-style auditorium: This format is the most traditional and resembles a conventional theater. The rows of seats can be staggered, offering good visibility from most places. The stage is at the front, and there is usually a central aisle that divides the seating sections. In larger auditoriums, access corridors may have to be increased to avoid overcrowding. The Conference Chair is ideal for this type of format as it allows you to join the chairs together achieving a perfect order and quick and efficient assembly. This format can go with shovel or without shovel. In Crimons we can set up auditoriums of this style for up to 1,000 people.
Although the theater-style auditorium is the most common, at Crimons we have given it another twist and have created theater-style auditoriums with sofas and armchairs, creating a cozy living room-like environment but without losing the practicality of this format.
2. Horseshoe or “U”-shaped auditorium: In this format, the rows of seats are arranged in an arc, similar to a horseshoe. This allows greater proximity between the attendees and the stage, which is ideal for events where greater interaction is sought between the participants. It is generally used for longer gatherings, so more comfortable furniture is often chosen. In this case, we recommend the Biz Armchair. It is the Crimons premium armchair that ensures the perfect balance between comfort and aesthetics.
3. Cabaret auditorium: The cabaret format combines chairs and round tables. For this format, a lot of space is needed since the attendees will sit alone in the middle of the table making a half moon to ensure good visibility on stage. It is usually used in conferences where you want to promote that the guests can exchange opinions in small groups and also take notes or have a glass of water at the table.
4. Classroom-style auditorium: This format resembles a classroom or classroom, with rows of seats and rectangular tables arranged straight and facing the front. It is suitable for presentations or conferences in which the interaction between the attendees is not essential but they do have to take notes or need a support point to leave papers or drinks. For this format, we recommend the Premium Conference Table because by seating the attendees only on one side of the table, it is not too wide and will offer the necessary support point for this format without losing too much space.
5. Flexible or modular auditorium: This type of auditorium allows a flexible configuration of the space according to the needs of the event. It can be adapted to have different forms, such as theater, horseshoe, "U" or classroom style, thanks to removable or mobile seats, as well as the design of the stage and the layout of the space.
These are just some examples of auditorium formats, and it is important to note that each auditorium may have particular characteristics depending on its architectural design. The formats mentioned provide different experiences and benefits for attendees, and their choice will depend on the type of event and specific needs.
At Crimons we can advise you to choose the format that best suits the needs of your event. We will offer you the style of chair and table that goes best with the format and style of your conference. In addition, we have a team that can prepare 3D plans of the space to verify the capacity with each format option and check that all the technical aspects to be taken into account are met, such as the emergency exits or the safety distance in the corridors and between rows
AUDITORIUM IN THEATER FORMAT WITH A MIX OF CHAIRS, ARMCHAIRS AND SOFAS FOR A PHARMACEUTICAL EVENT
AUDITORIUM FORMATO SCHOOL FOR A 3-DAY CONVENTION
Contact us and we will help you create the perfect auditorium for your event!